Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nine Tenths of the Law

Shiloh here—there’s a disagreement going on at our house as to who should sleep where on the bed. Mom has one side and Trekker snuggles in with her. Not me! I want to spread out. I’ve tried to nudging Dad out of his side. For a while I could stretch out and Dad would try not disturb me because I’m old. He found himself sleeping on the edge of the bed while I took my part out of the middle. When he almost fell out he kicked me out! Does he not remember that I have old bones? He just doesn’t care anymore. Well the jokes on him. He has to share a bed with Mom and Trekker, but I’ve found my own queen size bed. I share with no one! Thanks Luke, your bed is great, plenty of room to stretch out and my own pillows too. Mom did get grumpy when I kept making a nest out of your down comforter so she put it in the closest and got a quilt out. It isn’t near as nice to scrunch for comfort. I also have begun using my bed for daytime sleeping and window gazing. Possession is nine tenths of the law so I don’t know where you’re going to sleep Luke, but the bed is mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shiloh! I'll gladly SHARE the bed, but if you are not willing I can take the leather couch downstairs. As the good ol' boy, you've earned the right to sleep where you want. You might not know it but that leather couch is great. I've fallen asleep on it more than a few times; It's very comfortable. See you in a couple months!