Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Early Morning Alarm Clock

I hear in class every week how much dogs read body language. They understand signals that you don’t even know you are putting out. That must be the case with Trekker. About three each morning I must move or act differently in my sleep. Each morning about that time he moves to snuggle in between my head and shoulder with his head resting on my neck. Then Trek begins a soft almost purr. He’ll occasionally lift his head up and lick my neck or ear to let me know he’s there and content. On occasions like this morning, I wake a little more and give an another unknown signal because I then get not only kisses but nudges to make me aware that he’d like itched or stroked. If I stop he’ll move a little to put his body in contact with my unmoving hand but never enough that he looses his head position on my neck. It’s a very gentle, loving wake up alarm but I sure wish it would come about two hours later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same thing at our house. One head on top of mine and one in the crook between my chin and neck. The only time this works (apparently) is at 6:00 AM. That's fine on work days, but is really unacceptable on weekends and holidays!

Anonymous said...

Give Trekker and Shiloh some extra attention because I really miss you all. I wouldn't mind having the little one as my alarm clock for 8:00a.m. class!