Friday, January 2, 2009

Guilt Feelings




It's the first of a new year and seems to be my time to feel guilty. Not a useful feeling, but one that is here never the less.

  1. The yard has melted enough that it has become a land mine of ice. Man and animal alike slide and have poor footing. Trekker hates walking on it but for Shiloh, in his old age, it's just dangerous. I feel guilty that there is nothing I can do to fix it for him except pray for a warm spell.
  2. Because of the ice still on the sidewalks and I'm afraid of falling the dogs and I have not been walking. Thank goodness that Rich still ventures out because otherwise Trekker would be impossible to live with.

  3. With my mom visiting for the holidays and Luke home from college Trekker's training has gone to nonexistance. Tomorrow we're back in class and we will not be coming home proud.

  4. I was supposed to be dieting and like training that was nonexistent too.

  5. Luke heads back to college tonight and already I've taken over his spaces. Yesterday Trekker and I took over the rec room on the lower level. It's become our new agility course. With only two of us here most of the time we don't need the space so I put most of the furniture at one end of the room or in the storage room and brought out my new equipment. And the boy hasn't even left yet, but his sheets and towels are already in the wash. Poor Luke, his mother taking over his areas and things.

For the rest of the day I'll wallow in guilt and knowing I'll be an empty nester again and tomorrow I'll get to changing what I can.

No comments: