Monday, December 22, 2008

Finding Humor In Each Day

Dogs do the funniest things. I am busy trying to get ready for Christmas company and one of my tasks is to find a way to contain the dog toy clutter throughout the house. I bought a decorative basket to house them and began the pick-up. Trekker did not think that containing his toys was a good idea. As soon as I got the toys picked up he found a way to dump the basket and return the toys to their rightful place. I’m going to have to sneak them away to have any success. It doesn’t seem fair that when I almost have the son trained to pick up as he leaves a room that I now have a four legged boy that needs the same training.
As I hung a new picture Shiloh took the opportunity to steal the chew toy away from Trekker. Trekker whined for it back. Shiloh ignored. Trekker then ran back and forth between me and the toy, trying to get me to intervene. When I ignored his pleas and turned back to my task he tried to nip my calves to herd me over to Shiloh and the toy. That didn’t go over the way he’d planned.
Today was also the day Trekker discovered window gazing. I rearranged the sun room and a foot stool that he likes went close to the window. As he got up there to nap he had an ahah moment. He looked over at me with a look of surprise. Now he feels that he has to tell me about every squirrel that scurries through our yard. At his first warning bark Shiloh came running to see what he had missed. Had a real intruder gotten in? When he saw what Trekker was really barking at he gave him a look of disgust. They are funny creatures that just make me smile.

No comments: