Thursday, December 4, 2008

Feeling Others Loss



In the past couple of days I've read blogs about the passing of Bart and the aging of Petunia, both well loved dogs. Tears well up in my eyes as I read these because if you have ever loved a dog, a best friend, you have to survive the his aging process and eventually their loss.

Shiloh came to be part of our family as a young pup from the Animal Rescue League. He has been my shadow and best friend for the last ten years. In my eyes he has been a near perfect dog. As Shiloh turned nine he began to age quickly. Our once semi annual veterinary visits are now coming at least monthly, if not more. No easy answers are coming to explain a wide variety of symptoms. As he now reaches ten each day that he is feeling up enough to harass Trekker is a blessing. Today we will once again visit Dr. Henning and hope for a medicine or treatment that will allow him more time as a valued member of our family.

Yes, my heart goes out to Bart and Petunia's families.

No comments: