Monday, October 27, 2008

New Best Friend


Yesterday was Trekker’s manners/obedience class and only he could find his exact opposite to be his new best friend. The two dogs are the same age, 8 months, but that’s where the similarities end. Booker is a Bloodhound—Coonhound mix. His front paw is the size of Trekker’s skull and I’m sure he weighs at least 100 pounds. Either Booker is abnormally large or these breeds are much bigger than I ever realized. He makes my neighbor’s great dane look petite.

As soon as we got to class Trekker makes a bee line to Booker. Booker must be one gentle soul, because he drops to the ground so that Trekker can’t be hurt. Trekker then slides right in between Booker’s massive front paws. There they mouthed and tossled together. Not once did Trekker squall that the play was to rough. When the instructor was transitioning between activities the two were together. The only draw back was the drool. Booker’s owner carries a slobber rag with him this time he didn’t need it instead Trekker was covered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that Trekker's fascination with Booker might be due to his resemblance to Shiloh; is the picture that you posted one that you took? If so, he really does resemble Shiloh. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Trekker's classes. Will I be around to see any of them?

Joy said...

No, I didn't take this picture but Booker looks like this. I just signed up for the next level of class for when your home over break. I thought we'd train together.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!