Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Needing Respect




I am not letting that pup get the upper hand. I need to speak out on the indignities thrust upon me. Let me start with the most serious of indignities …walking with Trekker. Mom says because of my age and knees I can only have one walk a day and she insists on taking Trekker too. She says he has too much energy otherwise. She takes us in the morning. Here I am in the morning walking along, smelling all there is to smell and I feel a tug on my leash. I turn to see what the problem is and see small fry doing the tugging. At first I try and be tolerant, but he doesn’t stop. Next I turn and snarl. Sometimes that does the trick. Not this morning. He just wouldn’t leave my leash alone! It had to be done…I brought him down and pinned him. I made him wiggle a little and let him up. It is my leash!

Next I’m often lying there in the family room and minding my own business, doing a little napping or chewing on my favorite toy. What does that d…pup do? He jumps up on the sofa footstool. Sometimes he settles in for a little nap but when he gets bored he likes to take a flying leap on top of me! He thinks we’re playing. No way! I don’t play like that and I will teach him not to either.

Mom needs to teach Trekker a little respect or I will. There is only one top dog and it is me.

Shiloh, Top Dog, signing out.

3 comments:

Kathy and Kim Gibson said...

Oh Shiloh you would have had much in common and to share with my old dog Sara! Kim

Anonymous said...

I miss you shiloh!

Mom, your blog is really neat, are you enjoying it so far?

Joy said...

It is fun to write about the dogs. I can pretend that everyone finds them as interesting as I do! Hope it helps you think of home. I do need to learn to take better pictures. Mom