Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wet and Sloppy Welcome





After a long and restless night aboard AmTrak’s “California Zephyr” from Denver to Osceola, I couldn’t have arrived home to a warmer welcome. As Dad pulled into the driveway, Shiloh’s distinct barks were audible behind the glass front door. We walked inside and Shiloh barked and pranced around. At ten years old, he is an old man but still full of energy and charisma. Then, the little one caught me by surprise; he dashed out of his kennel and immediately started hopping up and down, barking, licking, and sniffing my jeans simultaneously (no exaggeration, seriously). I bent down on one knee and Trekker jumped up, smothering my face with an odd combination of kisses and nibbles. Once the dogs were settled down, it was time for a nap, unfortunately, Trekker didn’t think so. He scurried around on top of the bed and made sure to nudge my head every time it hit the pillow. Ahh, yes, I couldn’t have arrived home to a warmer welcome.

No comments: