Sunday, November 16, 2008

Get the Ear


A game I find great humor in is “Get the Ear”. Shiloh learned this game years ago and we’ve been teaching Trekker the finer points. There are rules that only I know and appreciate, such as when is an appropriate time to play. The first thing needed is for Rich to be resting quietly on the sofa watching television and for me to be slightly bored or just mean spirited, which I was today. I go over close to sofa and Rich and begin to joke around. That’s Shiloh’s signal to come running. He jumps up onto the sofa and often on top of Rich where he can get some leverage to lick and slobber all over Rich’s ear. Rich squirms and struggles trying to cover his head but to no avail, a dog’s nose can burrow right in finding the ear each time. Now Trekker wants in on the action too. The problem is Trekker hasn’t yet learned the fine art of gentle. He adds a little nip to his licks, as Rich complains. My job is to stand back, yell out encouragement to the dogs, and of course laugh until my sides ache. Yes, I like this game. Rich, not so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that dog's tongue

Joy said...

Just wait till you get home. I can teach the dogs to play this game with you too!