Sunday, November 13, 2011

You'd Think We Lived in the Middle of Nowhere

What a pain!!! I want to get Zoey in an obedience class and can't find any on our side of town other than Petsmart. The closest class appears to be a 30 to 40 minute drive. There seem to be plenty of trainers that come to your home, but I want a class that has other dogs and owners as detractors. I have started with sits and downs on my own. Once we have those I'll go to stay. The question is, how important is heel? Zoey does a nice loose leash walk but has no clue what heel means. I'm just not sure until I know where I want to go with her that I need a strong heel. I sure wish that I kept the weekly lists for training from other classes that way I'd have a better than my own pacing guide. On a positive note, she is a willing and quick learner. I think she'd make a better therapy dog than Trekker. She wants to please.

1 comment:

Luke said...

She looks like she just got in trouble with mom