Monday, February 9, 2009

Teacher in the Making

Mom told me to use education gargon to describe my teaching Shiloh to tunnel.
It's the called the gradual release of responsibility.
I started out doing all the work.
Here I'm demonstrating how to go into the tunnel.
See Shiloh watching.
Then I show him how to come out. Nothing to it.


I then encourage Shiloh to try it.
I use all sorts of positive reinforcements.
It looks like he might go in.

Look he's heading in.
Must be my strong use of modeling.
Oops.
He chickened out.
I'll continue to learn how to be a better teacher and try again.
I'll keep you informed on our progress. Trekker out.

3 comments:

the Corgi Girls said...

BOL! Way to go, it really looked like he was about to go in the tunnel there at the end!

;o)
M & I

Anonymous said...

Haha, I like these pictures Trekker! Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Anonymous said...

Mom, you always said that if Trekker were a person, he'd be an eager and enthusiastic teacher. Looks like you nailed that one.