Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life is Good

Summer in Arizona is hard and for the hearty, and I have not been feeling so hearty. When the heat soars to 115 in the day and only cools to the mid 90s in the day everything is affected. The fruit trees leaves are yellow and sad, I’m told it is sunburn and won’t hurt the tree. The palm has fronds that have browned beyond repair; I’m told that happens to protect the rest of the fronds from heat reflected off the rock landscape. The rabbits have been eating the lower leaves of the grapefruit tree just to get some water. Everything I have potted and diligently watered through the summer has died. The dogs and I have been lethargic and even a little depressed. For them going outside to relieve themselves has been a chore. Nothing has escaped the Arizona heat. If it were like this year around only a fool would live here. But at the moment of feeling the most despondent cool air has begun to arrive!

The nights are beginning to cool, which means the dogs and I can be out on the patio in the morning. It is wonderful! I do my best reading and relaxing there. Trekker is in heaven. He had forgotten there is a world of rabbits, quail and even the occasional lizard to chase and harass. Shiloh hobbles to the large pillow placed out there for yet another nap in his old state. As he lies down even a sigh can be heard from him, the cool weather is coming back and life is beginning to be good again. Trekker and I took our first evening walk in ages. We both felt good and alive again. In this new awakening I have gotten the urge to blog again so my theme for today is good and needs to be rejoiced.

1 comment:

Luke said...

Thank you for bringing the blog back to life!
I love you Mom. Happy Birthday!