Saturday, September 17, 2011

Corgis Don't Forget

Most of the house projects are done, I'm feeling healthier than I have in months, and the mornings are cooler. All this adds up to-- I need to start working Trekker again. For the past week Trekker an I have been out, working through our paces. We run through all the basics, including meets and greets and staying while a rabbit goes by. Trekker is a master. After a year and a half of living here and not doing much obedience work I expected a rusty corgi and what I got was a corgi who remembered everything he had been taught. He learned by the third day that running shoes mean we're heading out, otherwise mom lives in sandals.

Both of us miss the camaraderie of working along side other dogs and owners. I thought when we were ready for another class there would be lots of classes around us to choose from. Wrong! We live on the wrong side of the city. But travel if must, Trekker and I will be in the class starting in the end of September. It's part obedience and beginning agility. I know Trekker is ready, but I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up too.

1 comment:

Luke said...

You two will do great. Be sure to post some pictures too!